CE Proof is the leading global consultancy and software provider specialising in CE marking boats and related equipment. Using their knowledge and expertise, they provide consultancy to help customers ensure their products comply with the EU Recreational Craft Directive (RCD).
Recently they developed an online version of their certification and they were keen to update their branding, promotional materials and website to reflect this new service.
We were briefed to create a new visual feel across the website, which would tie in with exhibition panels and flyers to help promote the new software. We opted for a minimalist approach with a clean, fresh feel that focused on the new “do it yourself” online software solution.
Despite working to a tight deadline, the end result is a professional, modern brand that goes beyond the client’s expectations.
We came to the rescue of Enchanted Floristry, a small start-up business that was definitely not on brand! The business had all the elements to formulate a quality brand and we quickly changed things around, establishing a creative look that the client could be truly proud of.
We quickly discovered that Enchanted is not a conventional florist. Operating from a beautiful shepherd’s hut in rural Oxfordshire, they work closely with their customers on every aspect of their order.
After meeting owner Lyn for tea and biscuits in her cosy Minster Lovell hut, we knew we needed to bring a cohesive look to the website and floristry books. The finished products are stylish, friendly and as unique as the client themselves, focusing on stunning visuals to showcase Enchanted’s designs.
We recently won a contract with technology company Keit Spectrometers to create a brand that would help them launch the new Rugged Spectrometer product. We took all their key graphics elements and tied these together in a core professional style to tight deadlines and to help them hit their product launch requirements.
Based on the Harwell Oxford Science and Innovation Campus, Keit have designed Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometers for use in manufacturing and industrial environments. Their product is compact, rugged and truly unique within the marketplace.
Once upon a time, if you wanted to use SEO to increase your rankings, you simply crammed your website as full of keywords as possible. Some less scrupulous web designers crammed their sites full of popular, but irrelevant, keywords. Of course, that only worked for websites who only wanted to display ads and were not concerned with getting visitors to come back.
Today, SEO isn’t just for con men anymore. Respectable businesses are learning how to optimize their websites so they can be found by people who are searching for the products and services they want to sell. This means, of course, that they don’t just want visitors to drop by once. They hope to keep them coming back. This is why content is so important.
Webmasters and SEO experts have a saying: “Content is King.” It’s very true. A website’s content, even more so than its products, is what attracts visitors. If you can’t write good content yourself, TechKnowSys can help you by providing an author who can write SEO-optimized for your industry.
There are two important aspects of web content. For simplicity’s sake, we’ll call them Quantity and Quality.
Quality means that the content should be well written and be free from those embarrassing typos that make visitors wonder if your website really knows what it’s talking about. For our purposes, however, it also means that content should be rich in keywords, informative and interesting, so that the visitor feels they’ve learned something. Such is the power of Quality content.
Quantity, on the other hand, means that your website should be updated regularly with new content added. A visitor may return to an informational article once, or even two or three times, but if your website’s content never changes, eventually, there will be no reason for him to return.
How often should you add new content to your site? This is where experts differ. Some say once a week is often enough. Others say twice a day, at least. It depends on the nature of the site, of course; a website’s commercial blog should be updated once – or even twice – per day. Static content, however, can be added once or twice a week. Try to space it out. Going for weeks without adding anything then suddenly adding ten different articles isn’t going to get you anywhere.
Content truly is king on the Internet. Use it properly, and first-time visitors will become repeat visitors.
When creating a website it is easy to get caught up in what is possible instead of focusing on what is necessary. What is your objective? What is the one action you would like someone to take when they land on your website? Is it to buy something? Book an appointment? Read an article? Whatever that thing is, your entire design should be focused on eliciting that response. Everything else, for all practical purposes, is a distraction. So how can a single page website help you accomplish your design objective? Let me count the ways…
1. It Uses Storytelling to Inspire Action. Just like in comic books, where a grid pattern of illustrated panels is used to propel the momentum of a narrative, a single web page using interactive elements in a grid layout is perfect for propelling the interest of your site visitors towards the objective you’ve identified.
2. Single Page Constraints Force You to Simplify Your Message. There is only so much room on a single page website. This reality forces you to consider what information is necessary and what is not. Just because you can do or show something doesn’t necessarily mean you should. Keeping everything to one page forces you to keep this in mind, which means you will most likely become a more effective communicator.
3. Scrolling is Intuitive. When on a website one of the single most intuitive behaviors is scrolling. It’s not an accident that Tumblr. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and more all use something called “infinite scroll” to keep you on their platforms. It just makes sense. You scroll down, there’s more, so you scroll down some more. As I’ll explain in my next point, this process is easy to take advantage of.
4. Single Pages Convert. On a single page website there is only one way to go, and that is down. By carefully crafting the sequencing of your page elements and limiting the number of links or clickable objects, you can more easily guide visitors towards the exact action that you want them to take. This is why single page websites and/or what is commonly called a landing page convert so well.
5. There is Less to Manage. Many people shy away from getting a website altogether because they don’t want the hassle of having to maintain it or pay the expense of hiring someone else to do the same. With a single page website there is less information to update and only one page to build/maintain. You can more or less leave it be once you’ve got it the way you like it. Just so long as you check in often enough to update your WordPress core, themes and plugins of course.
After 18 years in business, Oxfordshire financial planners Amber Wealth Management wanted a new look that would better reflect their position in the marketplace. They asked us to develop a new brand, imagery and a website to communicate how they help their customers plan their financial futures.
The first stage of the process was to get to know the company. Amber Wealth’s vision is to provide bespoke planning services and guidance for both individuals and companies, leading to financial growth and prosperity.
To create the perfect brand, we needed to fully understand Amber’s values, core offer, USP and the direction in which they were moving. We then developed a series of conceptual ideas that would help establish their brand and future strategy.
Our aim was to retain the colours that were already familiar with clients and formulate a forward-thinking, modern style to elevate Amber’s position in the local marketplace. A key part of the project was a new and improved website that was user friendly and reflected the branding. Combined with new literature and stationery, Amber Wealth Creation now has a strong brand and professional look that helps customers better understand their unique financial products and results in profitable long-term relationships.